Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Welcome to the World of Blogging, 'Velk

I am privileged to call the Rev. Nicole Havelka a colleague and friend. She is the Associate Conference Minister for Youth and Young Adult Ministries in the United Church of Christ. She is also incredibly fierce and fabulous, and owns a stupendous red couch that someday I will sleep on. She has also initiated the tradition among my UCC friends and colleagues by calling me by my last name, which hasn't really happened since college. Perversely, it gives me this strange sense of power and authority, as well as a major boost to my ego, and I really love it.

This is all to say that I'm proud to include her blog on my blogroll. Read it, be challenged by her, link to it on your own blogs, and start causing commotions wherever you may be doing ministry! Whether you do "youth ministry" or not, you will want to read this blog.

1 comment:

Rev. Nicole Havelka said...

Thanks, for your vote of confidence, Dilley! I'm glad that you're feeling empowered by my use of your last name! It really is a great last name.